Friday, March 13th
Saturday, March 14th
$7,000 Guaranteed Payouts
1. Grand Champion: Award & Cash Prize
2. Reserve Champion: Award & Cash Prize
3. 75% pay out for top 5 places: 3 Meats (Grand and Reserve Champion payout will not be deducted from the 3 meat categories),
4. 75% pay out for top 3 places: All Age Mac & Cheese, Sausage, Bloody Mary, Sanctioned Beans & Cook’s Choice
5. Top 10 places: Will receive a ribbon or certificate
COOK-OFF RULES & REGULATION:
1. You do not have to be a member of the LONE STAR BARBECUE SOCIETY to enter this cook-off.
2. *Judging times are subject to change by judging coordinator depending on number of entries received.
3. Mandatory (Head Cook) must attend 7:00 PM Friday, March 13th.
4. Electric grills are not allowed. Heat source must come from wood or wood source. (pellet grills are allowed)
5. Contestants must furnish meat, pit, wood, sauce, etc. Only beans may be cooked on a gas grill.
6. Contest meats are not to be sampled by the general public or judges prior to judging.
7. All alcoholic beverages must be confined to the cook-off area. The Chief cook will be responsible for the cleanliness of their area and for the conduct of the team. Misconduct or violations of rules will disqualify team.
8. Rain or shine – NO REFUNDS (Deadline to submit an entry is 8:00 AM Saturday, March 14th)
COOK-OFF SANCTIONING RULES
For more information contact: David Mote 817 598-4125 or email.